Autumn has arrived, and with it, the special occasion that calls for dazzling fireworks across Britain - Bonfire Night. Fun evening festivities are even better when you have fantastic food to hand. Here at Furniture Village we’ve put together a few delicious options for a truly tasty Bonfire Night.
A delightful classic, s’mores will have your taste buds tingling. They’re a simple but delicious combination of chocolate, oat biscuits or graham crackers and marshmallows, perfect for sharing in front of the fire or around the coffee table with your family and guests.
What you need:
- 16 oat biscuits/Graham crackers
- 8 large marshmallows
- 360g Milk chocolate
- Preheat the grill on high and line a tray with parchment. Then lay down 8 chocolate topped oat biscuits or graham crackers, place a marshmallow on each and pop under the grill until slightly brown.
- Take the tray out of the oven and place a square or two of milk chocolate on top of the marshmallow, allowing it to begin to melt from the heat. If you wish to make it a little gooier, pop it back under the grill for a couple of seconds.
- Place a second oat biscuit or Graham cracker on top and enjoy.
Hazelnut cream hot chocolate
For a soothing pick-me-up, try out this simple yet indulgent hazelnut cream hot chocolate to warm you up by the bonfire, or when you’re having a cosy night in.
What you need:
- Nutella chocolate spread
- 50ml double cream
- A shot of Hazelnut liqueur
- 150ml Milk
- 25g Milk chocolate
- Take your cream and put it in a bowl. Begin to whisk until stiff peaks start to form. Now add as much Nutella as you desire. Carefully stir once or twice to create a marbled effect, or for the chocolate lovers out there, fold in more for a deliciously smooth chocolate whipped cream.
- In a small saucepan begin to simmer the milk. Remove it from the heat and add in the milk chocolate and stir until smooth. Now return it to the heat and add the shot of hazelnut liqueur.
- Pour your homemade hot chocolate into a mug and top with your hazelnut whipped cream – then take your first sip of chocolatey heaven.
Toffee apples are a beautiful and simple classic for the season, perfect for kid’s parties and adult gatherings alike. Pull out your nest of tables and share this sweet and indulgent treat with the whole family.
What you need:
- As many apples as you like (we recommend at least 6)
- 300g demerara sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 25g salted butter
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- To create the toffee put the butter, golden syrup, cider vinegar and sugar into a pan with 75ml of water and begin to bring to a boil as you mix the ingredients on high.
- Once it has reached a toffee consistency, skewer your apples and dip them gently into the saucepan, rotating as you do so to coat them completely. If need be, use a spoon to help cover any areas you may have missed.
- Place the toffee coated apples on baking parchment or a chopping board to set. Once the outer coat has hardened, enjoy your tasty treat!