November 2nd is the cookie monster's birthday and if you've visited a Furniture Village store before then you may have tried our famous fresh cookies we give to customers whilst browsing. So it's natural that we celebrate the birthday of the world's biggest cookie fan by creating some delicious cookie monster cookies!
It's very simple to make, taking about 45 minutes with excellent and tasty results! We'd love you to share your creations with us on our Facebook page.
- Digestive biscuits to make the base
- Small choc chip cookies - broken in half
- Blue icing - we used a tub of vanilla buttercream icing and some gel food colouring
- Marshmallows cut in half for the whites of cookies eyes
- Brown icing or chocolate sweets for the pupils
- A piping bag
- A 'grass' piping nozzle
- A damp cloth - Monster making can be a bit messy it turns out!
1. Either make your icing by creaming butter with food colouring and then add sifted icing sugar until it reaches piping consistency, or colour some shop bought icing using some gel food colouring.
2. Cut your marshmallows in half, and pipe or stick Cookie's pupils to the whites using a tiny bit of icing.
3. Pipe the icing onto the large biscuits in a random pattern, don’t worry too much about making things perfect, Cookie’s fur is dishevelled looking!
4. Place the eyes on the cookie.
5. Add half a chocolate chip cookie where Cookie Monster's mouth would be.
6. Enjoy your coooooookiess!