Do you struggle to nod off or find that you're not feeling well rested in the morning? In honour of Sleeptember we've put together an illustrated guide with some tips on drifting off.
1. Avoid eating your main evening meal just before you go to sleep; you need to give your digestive system a chance to get to work.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/1pqgOcP
2. If you’re sharing your bed, be sure to compromise as it’s easy to disturb a partner’s sleep.
Photo Credit http://bit.ly/1vc2KZb
3. Caffeine is lurking in more products than you think! Avoid all stimulants that could make you hyper.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/1sliegj
4. Sleep professionals don't recommend lying on your stomach, as it can potentially cause back and neck pain.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/1vc38qp
5. Instead, try sleeping on your side, which has been found to alleviate insomnia.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/ZbX6wv
6. Avoid using gadgets in your bedroom - too much information before bed can prevent you from relaxing.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/1pqh8Im
7. It's also been suggested that regularly swimming can improve the quality of your sleep.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/Y12PnF
8. Finally, invest in a quality bed. If you’re following all these tips and still struggling to nod off, it might be time to look for something new. Research has suggested that your sleep can benefit from replacing your bed about every 7 years.
Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/ZbXYRE