To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features of the Furniture Village website (www.furniturevillage.co.uk) on your laptop, computer, tablet or mobile phone you will be asked to accept cookies.
What is a cookie?
Types of cookies used
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files which track, save and store information. When you visit some web pages and there are interactions, information on these is saved on your personal computer or mobile or handheld device (this could be a smart phone or tablet). Cookies do not store personal information and do not harm your computer, mobile phone or device.
However, you will be given the option to allow or disallow the use of selected cookies when you visit the Website.
We collect information we feel is helpful for you to use our Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
1. for technical purposes necessary for the operation of the Website; 2. to allow a service to recognise your device – this means you don’t have to repeatedly provide the same information during a task; 3. to measure the number of people using our Website, to make sure there enough capacity for the Website to operate at speed; 4. to complete and support of current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products; 5. to monitor campaign success, for example promotions or competitions; 6. to support website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users for marketing purposes; 7. to remember pages viewed; 8. to monitor your journey around the website so that we can improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages; and 9. to remember items saved to your basket on a previous visit to the Website, including where the browser has been closed and a new session has begun. 10. to remarket to you in the form of digital advertising to show you different products and services based on what you have expressed an interest in. Additionally, this
information is combined with data from other internet users to create audience profiles consisting of particular interests and characteristics. These audience profiles are used by our online advertisers including social media to serve you adverts relevant to you and our interests.
If you’re not keen on using cookies you can opt-out of using cookies in the following ways:
- Cookie Preference Management - you can manage your consent for all except essential cookies in the Cookie Management tool available on our website. However, not consenting to some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
- Browser Settings – in addition, if you don’t want cookies, you can turn off all cookies through your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome). Check your browser HELP menu to learn the correct way to change or update your cookies.
Types of cookies used
Our Website uses the following types of cookie (each cookie is unique with its own specific lifetime):
- First Party Session cookies – these short lifetime cookies are set directly by us and may only last until you close your browser. They allow our Website to link your actions during a browser session so we can store certain information while you are browsing the website.
- First Party Persistent cookies – these cookies have a longer lifetime. They are set directly by us and enable our Website to recognise you when you return to us. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across our site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
- Third Party cookies – Third party cookies are not set by Furniture Village but are instead set by a third party. Online advertising is a common example where third party cookies are used.
You will find a full list of the cookies that we use on our website here.