Milton Keynes Competition terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to the Milton Keynes Competition on www.furniturevillage.co.uk and on any social media account operated by Furniture Village whether or not the competition is accessed via or promoted by Furniture Village exclusively or in conjunction with partner companies ("Competition"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Furniture Village Ltd of 258 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX ("Furniture Village"). Furniture Village is the promoter of the Competition.
3. The title of the competition is “Milton Keynes Competition”. Furniture Village Ltd is offering those who enter this competition a chance to win £500 to spend at Furniture Village. All prizes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, there is no cash alternative offered. The competition is open to entries from the 30/08/2018 – 30/09/2018 with a draw date of [22nd October 2018]. The winner of this competition will be chosen by way of random selection of a qualifying entry that will take place on the associated draw date. The winner will be selected by Furniture Village. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of differences or discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. Furniture Village reserves the right to hold void, cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice where is becomes necessary to do so (in the opinion of Furniture Village). Any such changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Online Competition Rules, Furniture Village, 258 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire. SL1 4DX.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Furniture Village shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. The following persons are not eligible to take part in the Competition:
(a) employees of Furniture Village or its holding or subsidiary company
(b) employees of any company professionally involved in the Competition including without limitation any advertising agency or web company connected with the Competition or any of their respective holding companies or subsidiary companies
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
(d) those under the age of 18.
Furniture Village reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Furniture Village is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence. Where applicable, these will be set out in the Competition Notice.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You further warrant that you are eligible to enter the Competition. Furniture Village reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and require you to provide proof of your eligibility.
9. The address or email address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, Competitions are only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, the invitation from Furniture Village to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Unless otherwise stated, a Competition will only be open to entrants aged 18 and over at the closing date of the competition. Furniture Village assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, Furniture Village assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
11. Furniture Village reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Furniture Village in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, you may enter the Competition as many times as you like however Furniture Village will not accept entries which are or which it has reasonable grounds to believe are:
(a) automatically generated by computer or automated process;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, incomplete, altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) in any other way not the original submission of the entrant; or
and in the event a winner is selected from an entry falling within (a) to (e) above Furniture Village may disqualify that winner and select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected in accordance with these Rules.
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. Furniture Village reserves the right disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website. By submitting an Entry, you agree to be bound by these Rules and the Competition Notice.
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Furniture Village does accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Furniture Villages control.
17. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Furniture Village does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
18. Prizes: Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for competitions involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to Furniture Village) which meet the requirements of these Rules and the Competition Notice or from all submitted entries (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to entries (unless these are being judged as set out in the Competition Notice)) which meet the requirements of these Rules and the Competition Notice, in each case within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by Furniture Village and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Furniture Village shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified by Email within 16 working days of drawing a winner (and may be contacted by Furniture Village or Furniture Villages nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the website or you can write to Furniture Village, 258 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. 21. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Furniture Village reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time. 22. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Furniture Village and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Furniture Village and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
23. Furniture Village reserves the right to request written proof of your age. 24. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
25. Furniture Village does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership of your Entry and, although Furniture Village will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear on the website and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition. If you win a prize, as a condition to receipt of that prize, you may be required to sign a release form (in Furniture Villages then current standard form) in connection with the prize-winning submission.
26. In consideration of Furniture Village agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Furniture Village (and third parties authorised by Furniture Village) may (but is not obliged to) make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant Furniture Village (and third parties authorised by Furniture Village) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
27. Furniture Village does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Furniture Village may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
28. Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Furniture Village reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
29. Insofar as permitted by law, Furniture Village does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Furniture Village is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the liability of Furniture Village for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
30. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Furniture Village reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.